LinkedIn can be a tool that helps advance your job search and/or career. This 30-day challenge will help you build your network, connect with recruiters and hiring managers you don’t yet know, improve your online presence, and stay “top of mind” with people you know—and people you want to know.
You’ll take 30 days of consistent action, choosing from actions in 6 different areas:
- Improving Your LinkedIn Profile
- Connecting With Contacts, Companies, Recruiters, and Hiring Managers
- Creating Content (Status Updates and LinkedIn Publishing)
- Getting Involved in Groups
- Giving and Getting Endorsements and Recommendations
- Grab Bag
Take 1 action each day. You can choose either the Challenge Calendar or the Challenge Planner to plan and track each day’s activities. At the end of the month, you want as many spaces marked off as possible on your Calendar or Planner.
Here are three suggested ways to conduct the challenge:
- Do one action item each day for 30 days straight
- Take action for six days each week (no Sundays) for five weeks
- Take action for five days each week (no weekends) for six weeks
It’s up to you!
At the end of each week during the challenge, reward yourself for good performance. Enjoy a special outing or anything else that will encourage you to keep going!
Completing the 30-Day Challenge
At the end of the 30 days, review your progress. How many LinkedIn connections do you have now, compared to how many you had 30 days ago? How many hiring managers or recruiters are you connected to now? Has your involvement in LinkedIn Groups led to any new job leads?
Next, celebrate your completion of the program! By sticking with this challenge for 30 days, you’ve shown that you can make LinkedIn an important component in your job search. You can repeat this 30-day challenge over and over again to strengthen your LinkedIn profile, build your connections, and get more out of your use of LinkedIn.
LinkedIn 30-Day Challenge Scorecard
Latest posts by Madelyn Mackie (see all)
- 3 Ways to Motivate Yourself During the Summer - June 8, 2023
- 3 Ways to Find Hiring Companies on LinkedIn - May 25, 2023
- 3 Sacrifices You Can Make to Get What You Want - May 11, 2023
- 5 More Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Job Search - April 27, 2023