Effective as of 3.15.2022.
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. The personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email address, billing and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Communications data, based on our exchanges with you, including when you contact us through the Service, social media, or otherwise.
- Resume data, such as any information on your resume, CV, or otherwise that you choose to submit in order for us to provide our Services.
- Transactional data, such as information relating to or needed to complete your purchases on or through the Service, including transaction history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them, including when signing up for our email newsletter.
- User-generated content data, such as comments, testimonials, questions, messages, images, or information that you generate, transmit or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata. Metadata includes information on how, when, where, and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content has been formatted or edited. Metadata also includes information that users can add or can have added to their content, such as keywords, geographical or location information, and other similar data.
- Payment data is needed to complete transactions, including payment card information.
- Promotional data, including information you share when you complete a survey on a social media platform, such as LinkedIn.
Third-party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal
information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Public sources, such as government agencies, public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
- Private sources, such as social media platforms.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log
information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the
Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
Cookies and similar technologies. Some of the automatic collection described above is facilitated by the
- Cookies, which are small text files that websites store on user devices and that allow web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites include both “session cookies” that are deleted when a session ends, “persistent cookies” that remain longer, “first party” cookies that we place, and “third party” cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Data about others. You may be able to refer your friends or contacts to use the Service, and we may
collect contact details about your invitees so we can speak with them about the Service. Please do not
refer someone to us or share their contact details with us unless you have their permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time
Service delivery and business operations. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending appointment reminders, announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, and/or anonymized data from the personal information we collect. We make personal information into de-identified or anonymized data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers, and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your
personal information, such as when required by law.
Cookies and similar technologies. In addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use the
Cookies and similar technologies described above for the following purposes:
- Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Service.
- Functionality. To enhance the performance and functionality of our services.
- Advertising. To help our third-party advertising partners collect information about how you use the Service and other online services over time, which they use to show you ads on other online services they believe will interest you and measure how the ads perform.
- Analytics. To help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails. For example, we use Google Analytics for this purpose. You can learn more about Google Analytics and how to prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
How we share your personal information
We may share your personal information with the following parties and as otherwise described in this
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our
business (such as resume writers, appointment scheduling, hosting, information technology, email
delivery, marketing, consumer research and website analytics).
Payment processors. Any payment card information you use to make a purchase on the Service is
collected and processed directly by our payment processors, such as PayPal, Stripe, and Venmo.
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations of or due diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Madelyn Mackie and Associates or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Other users and the public. Your user-generated content data, such as testimonials, may be visible to other users of the Service and the public. For example, other users of the Service or the public may have access to your information if you chose to make your testimonials, images, or other personal information available to them through the Service, such as when you provide comments, reviews, survey responses, or share other content. This information can be seen, collected, and used by others, including being cached, copied, screen captured, or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines), and we are not responsible for any such use of this information.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Advertising choices. You may be able to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising through the following settings/options/tools:
- Browser settings. Changing your internet web browser settings to block third-party cookies.
- Privacy browsers/plug-ins. Using privacy browsers and/or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
- Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of the use of your information for interest-based advertising. You may be able to exercise that option at the following websites:
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies that participate in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit the use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device and browser from which you wish to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising purposes.
We cannot offer any assurances as to whether the companies we work with participate in the opt-out programs described above.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by anyone under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.
How to contact us
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: PO Box 10794, Oakland, CA 94610
- Phone: (510) 497-0377