Recruiters and Your Job Search
At some point in your job search, you may consider working with a recruiter. It can be helpful to understand more about the recruiting industry and how recruiters work. What Does a Job Recruiter Do? A job recruiter has 3 main responsibilities:
- To know the job requirements for open positions
- To find and identify qualified candidates for those positions
- To match qualified candidates to positions and employers
In the process, they might review hundreds of résumés and make dozens of phone calls before selecting two or three ideal candidates to interview for job placement.
Three Industries Represented by Job Recruiters
Knowing what type of job recruiter will best showcase your skills and expertise can save you valuable time in your job search. The job recruiter industry is further divided into three segments:
- Temporary Help Services
- Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs)
- Search Firms and Placement Agencies
Below is a brief summary of each segment, and how they can help you find your dream job:
- Temporary Help Services – Temporary Help services typically place candidates for a limited time, usually during peak periods of demand. They also place temporary workers when permanent employees must be absent for extended periods of time. The majority of their focus is within the manufacturing, administrative, labor, construction, and janitorial industries.
- Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs) and Employee Leasing Agencies – The focus of this segment of the job recruiting industry is to place workers in specific functions. They lease your services to their clients, but pay all of your wages and taxes. They often provide other benefits, too, such as dental, medical, retirement, and perks that smaller businesses usually can’t afford to offer their employees.
- Search Firms and Placement Agencies – Also known as executive recruiters and headhunters, search firms and placement agencies place potential employees in permanent and contract-to-permanent positions. They make up a large segment of the job market industry, placing between 3 and 15 percent of all positions in the job market today.
Job Recruiters Can Help You Find the Right Job
Job recruiters can help you make powerful connections by introducing you to potential employers with great positions to fill; jobs that you might otherwise had never found on your own. They can play a key role in helping you find a job in today’s job market, so it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with all that job recruiters can offer. To learn more about working with recruiters.
Are you maximizing your Linkedin profile and network? Are you being noticed by recruiters? Is your LinkedIn profile truly activated for your career? If not, attend the Activate Your Career with LinkedIn workshop on March 21st! https://lnkd.in/eZNsfgK
Latest posts by Madelyn Mackie (see all)
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Considering Including a Job on Your Resume - July 15, 2021
- 30-Day LinkedIn Challenge - July 1, 2021
- What Does a Job Recruiter Do? - March 18, 2015
- What To Do If You’re Suddenly Laid Off - March 5, 2015