Have you ever wanted a job in tech? Sounds great until you realize the only companies you know about are Google, Facebook, Apple, and Netflix. One of the best ways to find tech companies is to check out the apps on your phone. These are the apps you use every single day, and these are also the tech companies that are looking to hire.
I personally love chess.com, and when I looked at their career page, every single one of their jobs are remote. I also use the Hallow app for my Bible study and they have a great entry-level marketing associate job that is 100% remote.
With this in mind, here are five steps that might help you land a job in tech.
- First, take a look at your phone, the software you use on your computer, or even the technology you have around the house to make your life easier.
- After taking stock of some of these companies, go explore their career pages online and see if you get some new organizations to add to your target list.
- Review these companies on LinkedIn. Follow them. Pay close attention if anyone you’re connected with works there or is connected with them as well.
- Reach out to anyone you know at those companies, or ask for introductions from people in your network who might know individuals within the company. They might be able to get your foot in the door.
- Finally, connect with recruiters and apply for a few jobs within these companies.
Getting a job in tech might not be as hard as you think. In fact, it could be as easy as taking in the technology around you and being creative in your approach. You never know, your next job might be sitting right there on your phone.
Latest posts by Madelyn (see all)
- 5 Steps to Land a Job in Tech - October 12, 2023
- 11 Best Practices for Working With Applicant Tracking Systems - November 24, 2021
- Should I Put My Vaccination Status on My Résumé? - November 11, 2021
- 12 Strategies to the Hidden Job Market - August 12, 2021